The Colette A. Miles Foundation’s mission is to “Provide Comfort and Support Services to Families Affected by Cancer.”
TCAMF has helped many families with non-traditional services like the ones listed below. Most people aren’t sure what non-traditional means and that’s the point, it can be ANYTHING.
- Paid medical bills insurance doesn’t cover
- Provide and deliver cancer fighting meals directly to patients home for 12 weeks
- Child Care during treatment
- Housecleaning Service
- Landscaping Service
- Snow Removal
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Grocery Gift Cards for 1 month
- Financial support towards dental reconstruction as a result of chemotherapy
- King Size Bedroom furniture to a terminally ill patient to share the final stage at home with family
- Helped with household maintenance repair, Painting – kitchen disposal,
TCAMF has also supported three of the main cancer resources in the area.
- Living Well Cancer Center – We fund the children and teen counseling program
- Fox Valley food for Health – We contribute funds to help deliver cancer fighting foods to those diagnosed and their families.
- Northwestern Cancer Center- Funded Ipads for patients to use as they wait or receive chemotherapy/treatments
Our foundation is a smaller not for profit charity that is run strictly by volunteers, however it is a charity that is really making a difference in the community.